Environmentally & Socially Responsible Event Planning * Consulting * Staffing * Catering

What our clients say about us...

  • “You have extraordinary attention to detail. You took care of the little things (like the place setting utensil twine and the food platter you sent up to the girls’ room) that we didn’t even think about. We’d be able to tell future clients to feel confident that everything will be taken of with style, even the things they may not have thought of beforehand.” – John, on his wedding

Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Modern Marriage - CBC Doc Zone

J and I watched an interesting documentary by CBC Doc Zone entitled:

Thoroughly Modern Marriage.

It was fairly interesting but I found it lacked some depth into exploring some of the concepts it covered. It really did give me a feeling of wanting to know more like an unfulfilling appetizer. Case in point, it does not go into detail about the "open-marriage" presented in the documentary, I dunno about you, but the sociologist in me definitely sees some under-tones in that arrangement.

I do like however that it highlights a transition to marriage as a "cap-stone" for couples.

There is also a lovely bunch of ideas for making ones wedding unique and their own. I love the lantern signal for the bride to begin her procession!

This may sound heretical, but I think $100,000 is a ridiculous amount to spend on a wedding. I'd rather work with my client to effectively spend $10-15,000 of that and refer them to a good investment broker, NGO, or charity (Sick Kids Foundation, Habitat for Humanity, Bicycle Commons, to name a few...)that could use the help.

What would you rather have?

One fleeting day of opulence or the ability to make a difference on a larger scale?

No comments:

Post a Comment