Environmentally & Socially Responsible Event Planning * Consulting * Staffing * Catering

What our clients say about us...

  • “You have extraordinary attention to detail. You took care of the little things (like the place setting utensil twine and the food platter you sent up to the girls’ room) that we didn’t even think about. We’d be able to tell future clients to feel confident that everything will be taken of with style, even the things they may not have thought of beforehand.” – John, on his wedding

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Death of a Toaster

After many dedicated years of service the toaster has finally given up the ghost.

Its only when you realize how handy a single-use item like a toaster is, that you actually miss it. Now I'm reduced to either popping slices or bagles in the oven or tossing them on the pan with melted butter. Since the oven takes too long and I enjoy melted butter it kinda works better anyhow. Still, I miss having a toaster.

Which begs the question, Kitchen-Aid or Cuisin-art? I'd be remiss on an opportunity to add a bit of colour to the counter, but then again, we don't have a lot of counter space!

Anyhow this is meant to be a quick post, but on a culinary note. I've been having fun with Fennel!
Braised Fennel works wonders with seared Salmon or for that matter ANYTHING BBQ'ed and seared. Its got such a sweet taste that it would definitely compliment something BBQ'ed and I imagine that it would do well with a nice white wine!

1 comment:

  1. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of breakfast, I will fear no hunger, for you are with me; your crispiness and your melted butter, they comfort me.

    ReplyDelete